problems converting WTV to MP4

Discuss individual versions of MC-TVConverter (bugs,...)

problems converting WTV to MP4

Postby timnic » 25. Jan 2012, 21:43

Hi

I have used MC-TV converter once successfully when I tried a second time on a different WTV file it finished after a short period only coverting a few minutes

I have copied the debug file here

http://pastebin.com/qasv6uj0

What do I need to do to get reliable conversion?

thanks

Tim
timnic

Re: problems converting WTV to MP4

Postby hudl » 26. Jan 2012, 12:46

Hi and welcome! Thanks for the log!
If you want to install JAVA, this may fix the problem, because another tool is used for conversion then (which is also a LOT faster!).
If you don't want to install JAVA or the error persists, you can try to set cut points for conversion - say start 5 or 10 sec. after recording or directly try to cut only the part you want to keep.
Another possibility would be, to change the profile. Open the "profiles.ini", search for "[hidden_tshq]" and change the command from this profile from:
Code: Select all
command=-deinterlace -vcodec mpeg2video -sameq -acodec ac3 -ab 384k -ac 6 -async 48000

to:

command=-deinterlace -vcodec mpeg2video -sameq -acodec copy -async 48000

OR (this will convert audio to stereo but maybe works best for you (this stream is stereo anyway):
command=-deinterlace -vcodec mpeg2video -sameq -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 128k -ac 2 -async 48000

Problem is, that ffmpeg gets errors on the audio stream and aborts conversion then.
Let me know if one of these works for you!
Creator of MC-TVConverter
hudl
Forum Admin

Return to "MC-TVConverter (english discussion)"