strange mc-tvconverter 2.1 audio and deinterlacing issues

Discuss individual versions of MC-TVConverter (bugs,...)

strange mc-tvconverter 2.1 audio and deinterlacing issues

Postby mito0 » 13. Nov 2013, 23:08

i can't figure this one out.

i had mc-tvconverter 2.1 installed on my computer and it worked great.
it took a LONG time to convert wtv to mpeg streams, but i never had any audio sync issues as i do with all my other conversion software. oddly enough, 1080i video would also come out deinterlaced after conversion.

anyhow, i read that mc-tvconverter 1.5 was faster, so i installed that one, and it was much faster, but the dreaded audio sync problem was back (and the video wasn't deinterlaced - no biggie), so i uninstalled it and put 2.1 back on.

however, this time the wtv files don't take nearly as long to convert and demux, they never go to an intermediate ts format the way they used to, they don't deinterlace, and the audio sync problem is present when editing (i manually edit out commercials using cuttermaran, and after a few commercial breaks, the audio gets all messed up).

any ideas about what's going on or how i can fix it? i can't seem to find anything in the settings that controls any of these issues.

thanks very much for the excellent gui!
mito0

Re: strange mc-tvconverter 2.1 audio and deinterlacing issues

Postby mito0 » 13. Nov 2013, 23:23

well, i might've figured it out.

i ticked the box marked "use alternate method to convert" in the settings and started converting. it is converting to a ts file instead of directly to mpeg streams, so maybe this is the way i had my old one configured.

i'll update after this file finishes converting.
mito0

Postby mito0 » 14. Nov 2013, 02:37

yep, ticking that box did the trick.

i guess this thread can either be deleted or left for someone else experiencing the same problem?
mito0

Postby hudl » 14. Nov 2013, 10:23

Hi! I'm glad I could help you! :D

For explanation what's going on: normally mctvc uses remuxTool with Java to convert wtv files - this is fast because it only changes the container and does not transcode the file. When ticking the "alternate method" checkbox, mctv switches to ffmpeg, which transcodes the file (and also deinterlaces it - or whatever you may want to set in the profile).
It depends on what works best for you. Some files may have issues with one or the other setting, so use it as required.

Cheers!
Creator of MC-TVConverter
hudl
Forum Admin

Return to "MC-TVConverter (english discussion)"