Problem converting HD .wtv file

Discuss individual versions of MC-TVConverter (bugs,...)

Problem converting HD .wtv file

Postby dav1dj » 5. Jan 2012, 01:53

I successfully converted an normal .wtv file to mpeg2 despite having problems when trying to convert to mkv. However I couldn't get an HD file to convert see below. Am I doing something wrong ?

http://pastebin.com/3dSfmMsm
dav1dj

Re: Problem converting HD .wtv file

Postby hudl » 5. Jan 2012, 13:47

Hi!
Is this the full log? Did you cancel the conversion? Seems there are missing some tasks at the end of the log (renaming the file for example) and no errors are shown.

You can try to run the following commandline via cmd (let me know if you need help) and tell me if you get an error at the end of the conversion process:

Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MC-TVConverter\tools\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -y -i "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull_BBC One HD_2012_01_02_18_04_00.wtv" -deinterlace -f avi -vcodec mpeg4 -vtag DIVX -sameq -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -ab 128k -ac 2 -async 48000 "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull_BBC One HD_2012_01_02_18_04_00.wtv.avi"

Also, please try to convert the file to TS first:
1) does the TS file work (please post a full log of the process)?
2) If the file works, are you able to convert it to avi, mkv,..., whatever you like (also a full log please)?

The file contains AAC-LATM audio which is a real pain. Check the option "convert AAC-LATM" audio in settings (AV-Stream) if you haven't already.

Do you get the error on all HD recordings or only on this special file?
What problems do you have when converting mpeg2 files to mkv (no file, sync issues, ...)?
Creator of MC-TVConverter
hudl
Forum Admin

Postby dav1dj » 5. Jan 2012, 22:18

Thanks for the response, yes I did cancel the conversion as it didn't seem to be doing anything and I noticed lots of zero values so assumed it didn't work. I will try your suggestions. Thank you.
dav1dj

Postby dav1dj » 7. Jan 2012, 22:30

I have tried converting both using CMD - pasting your text and using GUI, I have enclosed the full text when trying to convert to .ts. I have successfully converted other HD content from BBC HD channel so perhaps this file has some other content that prevents conversion ?

I am really pleased with MC-TV converter as it is really simple to use and very quick. If you are able to help further with this problem I would be very pleased.

Thank you for your help so far.

http://pastebin.com/bqWygWfT
dav1dj

Postby hudl » 8. Jan 2012, 14:06

Glad you like it! ;)
Let's see if we can get it sorted...
The stream does not contain any uncommon encodings, so this should be of no problem. Ffmpeg gives some errors though because some infos (sps & pps) within the stream are missing - obviously... (I'm no guru with this... ;) )

You can try the following: disable the conversion of aac-latm audio in settings again and select the ts profile. Please make sure you have java installed to have the stream converted with remuxTool instead of ffmpeg. You can then try to convert the resulting ts file to other formats.

I will optimize the profiles a lot within the next release (found a great new program that fixes such streams) and hope to fix issues for one or the other.
It's strange that most reports about problematic streams are comming from recordings from the BBC channel - something weired going on there...
Creator of MC-TVConverter
hudl
Forum Admin

Return to "MC-TVConverter (english discussion)"