MC-TVConverter v2.1.0

Discuss individual versions of MC-TVConverter (bugs,...)

MC-TVConverter v2.1.0

Postby hudl » 23. Nov 2011, 11:26

Hi @all!

Please post bugs and suggestions according v2.1.0 here.

The following changes were made in this version:

• Fix: Pressing "delete" outside of MC-TVConverter window will remove item from list
  • Fix: Fast starting multiple instances of MC-TVConverter on startup will cause a "loop start" and DWM to crash
  • Fix: Fixed (hopefully) A/V sync issues when stream contains different audio encodings (just added the ffmpeg parameter "-async 48000" to profiles)
  • Fix: Files with uppercase characters in its extension have not been recognized as valid files
  • Fix: Adding metadata to MP4 files is called with faulty commandline if metadata contains line breaks
  • Fix: A lot of bugs when watching a folder and other small bugs
  • New: Added TP extension as valid input file (it's treated like a TS file)
  • New: Added MKV as new input filetype and the profiles for it
  • New: Added ability to cut files by setting a start and an end time - doubleclick on list item to set the cut values (also applies to custom profiles with ffmpeg, handbrake or mencoder!)
  • New: Added ability to demux TS, MPEG2 and DVR-MS files
  • New: Added status output for current file conversion while watching a folder
  • New: Option to use alternate method to convert files (most compatible results, slower). JAVA is not necessarily needed anymore because of this - though highly recommended for the best and fastest results!
  • New: Added a button to restart the GUI in settings - just for your convenience ;-)
  • New: Splitted option for commercial detection: only detect, or detect and cut
  • New: Press [F4] or [F3] for formatted or unformatted streaminfo of the selected file in the list
  • Update: ffmpeg (git-N-29079 -> git-N-33308-g6638207)
  • Update: ccextractor (v0.57 -> v0.58)
  • Update: mediainfo (v0.7.42 -> v0.7.50)
  • Update: AtomicParsley (v0.9 -> v0.9.4)
Creator of MC-TVConverter
hudl
Forum Admin

Re: MC-TVConverter v2.1.0

Postby stardust » 1. Feb 2012, 05:07

First, thank you! You've done a great job. Now a minor bug report, and a suggestion:

1. After upgrading to from V2.0.0 to V2.1.0, I started getting sporadic errors that "AtomicParsley has failed". Sorry, I didn't have debug logging on at the time and didn't catch the exact error. I note that this release includes an update to AtomicParsley V0.9.4. I installed patch AtomicParsley-0.9.4-hg95.5191bfa76f21.zip that I found here:
https://bitbucket.org/jonhedgerows/atom ... /downloads
and the problem has stopped happening. I believe AtomicParsley 0.9.4 may have some bugs, you may want to consider updating your version in the next release.

2. After the first "AtomicParsley" error, all processing would stop. I quite often queue up several jobs to run over-night, but after the first error all subsequent jobs would abort. It would be nice to add a mode to ignore failed files, and continue on to try the others. In the case of sporadic errors, a single failed file should not prevent the others from running.
stardust

Postby hudl » 1. Feb 2012, 11:18

Thanks for your report and the link!

There is one problem though - the AP version you posted is exactly the same version I use in my GUI. I compared the 2 versions and they are bit-identical... :shock: :?:

For the errors, I have to be able to reproduce them to be able fix them. Do you have a small sample file where you get the error on for me to test? Or are you able to reproduce the error on your own at least? I don't stop converting if there is an error, it depends on the tool currently in use, how the GUI reacts.
Basically I only check if the tool is running and if not, I assume it to be finished - no matter if with or without errors. Not all (13!) tools report back errors and it's hard to get the current state, that too is the reason why there is no % indicator for example.
Short said: if the currently used tool stays open when an error occured, the GUI won't continue. If you get a message window to confirm an action, I would have to check this and automatically "click" on it. But I have to know what message pops up.
hudl
Forum Admin

Postby stardust » 4. Feb 2012, 08:27

The original AtomicParsley.exe version I had is 412 KB, the new one is 457 KB, they are definitely not the same. I'm not sure beyond that how to tell what the difference is, but they can't be the same.

In any case, I reverted to the old version and I managed to get the error again. When it happens, a modal dialog appears with:
AtomicParsley.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Close program
After that it hangs on the modal window. I believe conversion has actually succeeded in spite of the error, and the resulting file is playable.

I've uploaded the contents of the output area to: http://pastebin.com/hhHP55UJ. (I had to skip some of the middle to get under 500K limit, but the beginning and end are there.) I also still have the debug log, the original .wtv file (6.5G), and the converted files, if those would help.
stardust

Postby hudl » 6. Feb 2012, 18:26

Sorry for the late reply - have been on vacation.

Thanks for the output log! Of course you are right! I compared the wrong versions. ;)
I will update AP in the next version - so I think this will fix the problem if the new AP version works ok for you. No need to upload the recording. Thanks!
hudl
Forum Admin

Return to "MC-TVConverter (english discussion)"