MC-TVConverter isn't cleaning up the extra files anymore

Discuss individual versions of MC-TVConverter (bugs,...)

MC-TVConverter isn't cleaning up the extra files anymore

Postby JustinChase » 18. Jun 2012, 18:19

Windows started acting up on me, and I ended up just reinstalling Windows from scratch. I installed MC-TVConverter, and copied my old config.ini and comskip.ini files to their respective locations. I opened the settings, and verified all the settings are correct, and they are.

However, it's not renaming and moving the .edl files to their correct location, it's not moving the .xml files to their correct location, and it's not deleting the .txt and .log files now.

I turned off the option to clean up, then restarted. I turned it back on and restarted. i hoped this would 'force' the program to reevaluate this option, but it's still not working.

I'm not sure what else to try, but I'm hoping it can be fixed soon, since I now have a couple dozen .edl files that I need to match to the renamed files and rename to match those files.

I have logging turned on, but there's nothing in the log that looks relevant to me.
JustinChase

Re: MC-TVConverter isn't cleaning up the extra files anymore

Postby hudl » 19. Jun 2012, 11:26

Hi!

The XML file is an extended setting that is not available via the GUI as it also needs changes in the comskip.ini. You have to open the config.ini and search for the following lines, where everything is explained (hopefully ;) ):

Code: Select all
# Where should the resulting XML file be stored when using comskip?
# Add the following lines to the "config.ini" in the comskip folder
# to get the XML output:
#
#    output_dvrmstb=1      ; enable XML output for DVRMS Toolbox
#
# If the output directory is set, the XML file will be renamed to
# match the original filename and will be moved to the set folder.
#
# e.g.: D:\Movies\CommercialsXML
# empty = same folder as the output file (default)
comskipXMLOutputDir=

Let me know, if that answers your question.
Creator of MC-TVConverter
hudl
Forum Admin

Postby JustinChase » 23. Sep 2012, 05:14

I didn't get a notification of your response, and got sidetracked with other stuff, and sort of forgot about this.

I'm trying to get it set up again, and I'm still having the same issue. I have everything setup correctly, I believe, including the settings you pointed to in your response.

If I start MCTVconverter after a fresh bootup, then select one file, then force manual conversion, it mostly works, but doesn't move the .xml file to the correct location, but it DOES remove the working files.

If I load another file, then start that file, it doesn't move the .xml file, and it also doesn't remove the working files.

In both cases, it does create the converted file, and it does move the original to the correct location.

I've checked both config files several times, and verified they are being written to by making changes to the MCTVconverter settings, and see them reflected in the .ini file.

It used to work fine, but when I wiped windows and reinstalled, it just doesn't work any more. Is there any other info I can provide to help track this down?

(I'm turning on notifications for replies, so I'll see any response and reply more quickly this time :))
JustinChase

Postby hudl » 25. Sep 2012, 11:24

No prob! I had some hard time too and sadly not time to develop! ;)

Please post a full log along with your config.ini file so I can help you and see what settings are made and maybe why it does not move the xml file.
Thanks!
Creator of MC-TVConverter
hudl
Forum Admin

Return to "MC-TVConverter (english discussion)"